As Hanoi is aiming for a smart city model, the construction of smart traffic should be one of the pioneering fields, according to local media.
Infrastructure in general and traffic infrastructure in particular is the the vein for economic growth. Over the past time, the Hanoi government has taken numerous solutions to improve the city’s road network and reduce traffic congestion.
In addition to installing equipment, Hanoi is expanding road lanes through cutting median strips.
Especially, the city’s bus network is developing in both quality and number. As of November 2019, Hanoi has raised the number of lines to 127. The coverage of the bus route network has expanded to 30/30 districts, 457/584 communes (accounting for 78.3%, an increase of 4.3% year-on-year).
The municipal Department of Transport will strive to strengthen traffic order and safety, and reduce road accidents in the time ahead.
It will gradually implement the scheme to curb motorcycles alongside with improving the infrastructure and service capacity of the public transport system.
Besides, it will promote plan of expanding public transport network in the city, build a database on road infrastructure and means of transport, install camera systems and develop an online digital traffic map for traffic management in urban areas.
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
- Hanoi's taxi companies seek permission to operate electric cars
- Hanoi targets 100% disbursement of public investment plan in 2023
- Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
- Innovation-centered approach boosts Hanoi's performance in socio-economic growth