WORDS ON THE STREET 70th anniversary of Hanoi's Liberation Day Vietnam - Asia 2023 Smart City Summit Hanoi celebrates 15 years of administrative boundary adjustment 12th Vietnam-France decentrialized cooperation conference 31st Sea Games - Vietnam 2021 Covid-19 Pandemic
Home / News / Viet Nam
Vietnam news in brief - March 16
Khanh Khanh - Huy Hoang 18:08, 2024/03/16
The Hanoi Times brings you the latest news from Vietnam and its capital, Hanoi.

Benefits account for 30% of Vietnam's total public wage bill

 Local workers in the industrial zone of Bac Giang province. Photo: Bac Giang Provincial Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs

According to the new salary policy for civil servants stated in Resolution 27-NQ/TW, as of  July 1, allowances will account for almost 30% of the total public wage bill, with basic salaries accounting for the remaining 70%. Allowances include items such as dual role allowances, seniority allowances, regional allowances and job responsibility allowances.

The average salary of officials and civil servants will increase by about 30% compared to the current level (including both basic salary and allowances).

Vietnam to set up gold exchange soon

Vietnam should follow the global trend and establish a gold trading floor, said London Metals Exchange (LME) Chief Executive Matthew Chamberlain during his visit to the Vietnam Commodity Exchange (MXV) in Hanoi on  March 15. 

Precious metal products are currently attracting significant attention from investors worldwide and have great potential for trading connectivity in the Vietnamese market. Therefore, Vietnam will soon emerge as the largest commodity trading market in the region, the LME representative stressed.

Ministry urges telcos to handle unused SIMs

The Ministry of Information and Communications has asked telecom operators to tighten the management and registration of mobile subscriber information, as well as the handling and recovery of inactive SIM cards, to ensure that subscriber information is accurate, compliant and matches the national population database. 

By  April 15, 2024, telecom operators must ensure that all SIM cards sold by telecom service providers do not have subscriber information pre-populated prior to activation and can only be activated after the telecom operator itself has implemented solutions to ensure complete and accurate subscriber information in accordance with the regulations, while checking against the national population database.

National Consumer Rights Day launched

The Ministry of Industry and Trade, in cooperation with the National Assembly's Committee on Science, Technology and Environment, launched a nationwide campaign on March 15 to celebrate National Consumer Rights Day and promote safe consumption in the country.

Under the theme "Transparent Information - Safe Consumption", many activities will be undertaken this year to promote the rights and benefits of consumers, including seminars, training courses and public events for consumers, as well as competitions on legal regulations, social knowledge, business skills and the protection of consumer rights and benefits.

VinFast to join Bangkok International Motor Show 2024 

Vingroup-backed VinFast Auto confirmed on March 15 that it will participate in the 45th Bangkok International Motor Show 2024 (BIMS 2024), marking the brand's official debut in Thailand. The 'VinFast' stand, located at A24, Challenger Hall 1 at BIMS 2024, will be open to visitors from 12pm (local time) from  March 27 to  April 7 at the IMPACT Muang Thong Thani Exhibition Centre, Thailand.  

The Vietnamese electric car manufacturer will introduce the new line of electric vehicles in Southeast Asia: Mini-SUV VF3, A-SUV, E-SUV and VF 5, VF e34, VF 6, VF 7, VF 8 and VF 9. This is the second time that VinFast has introduced right-hand drive electric cars. The debut of VinFast in the Thai market would be an important development of the worldwide strategy and strengthen the presence of VinFast in the most vibrant car market in South East Asia.

RELATED NEWS
TAG: Vietnam News in brief today salary SIM cards
Other news
22:09, 2024/07/23
Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong's contributions elevate Vietnam's diplomacy
Under the leadership of the Central Committee, the Politburo, and the Secretariat, led by General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, the diplomatic work of the Vietnamese Party and State has achieved "numerous important and historically significant results, becoming a bright and impressive highlight in the overall achievements of the country.