The majority of 82 additional Covid-19 cases detected in Vietnam on May 12 are from industrial parks in the north and central regions.
|An Don Industrial Park in Danang on lockdown. Photo: Quang Hai/Kinhtedothi|
Danang, the central beach city, confirmed 27 infections, followed by the northern province of Bac Giang 17, and the northern province of Vinh Phuc ranks third with 13 cases.
The newly-infected cases has left An Don Industrial Park (IP) in Danang’s Hai Chau District isolated.
In Bac Giang, Van Trung IP in Viet Yen District continued to be the hotspot with more cases tested positive for the virus.
Meanwhile, the northern province of Bac Ninh isolated apartment blocks for worker at Canon Vietnam Co., Ltd – Que Vo Factory.
On the day, 17 train attendants of Vietnam Railways Corporation have been quarantined due to close contact with a confirmed case.
With the latest infections, Vietnam’s caseload hits 3,623, including 2,636 patients have recovered.
The number of people under quarantine climbed to 70,693, including 995 at hospital, 30,291 at state-run centers, and the remaining at home and lodging facilities.
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
- Vietnamese blue helmet doctors conduct free medical check-ups for South Sudanese