The number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam hit 324 as of May 18, including four confirmed on Monday which were all imported.
|Vietnam Airlines' attendants during a repatriation flight. Photo: Vietnam Airlines|
The newest-infected cases include two attendants of national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and two students returning from the US, according to the Ministry of Health.
The male attendants served the repatriation flight from Moscow to Van Don airport in the northern province of Quang Ninh on May 13. Russia has emerged as the largest coronavirus outbreak in Europe with 290,678 cases.
|Infections (red) and convalescents (green) in Vietnam from April 27 to May 18. Source: Ministry of Health|
As of May 18, Vietnam has undergone 32 days without local transmission. Since April 16, the country’s infections are all from abroad who are repatriated Vietnamese nationals.
As many as 184 out of the infections are from abroad, accounting for 56.8% of the total cases.
So far, 263 Covid-19 patients have recovered, making up 81.17% of the total infections.
As of May 18, the number of people under quarantine is 11,326, including 302 at hospitals, 8,929 at concentrated centers, and 2,095 at home and lodging facilities.
The Vietnamese government continues to bring overseas nationals home and more coronavirus cases are to be confirmed, but all of them will be isolated upon arrival.
- Vietnam strengthens supervision at border gates to monitor new Covid-19 variants
- US, Vietnam can rely on each other: CDC
- Hanoi to ensure of Covid-19 vaccination course for children aged 5-11
- Hanoi to ensure medicine supply during Tet holiday
- WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
- World AIDS Day: Vietnam sets out ambitious goals