A high-level delegation of Hanoi led by the municipal Secretary of the Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung visited Vientiane, Laos, from April 3 to 5.
|Hanoi Party chief Dinh Tien Dung visits Laos from April 3-5.|
The visit aims to strengthen cooperation in all fields between Vietnam and Laos in general, and Hanoi and Vientiane in particular, and is among a series of activities celebrating the 60th anniversary of the diplomatic establishment (September 5, 1962 – September 5, 2022), and 45th anniversary of signing the Friendship and Cooperation Treaty between Vietnam and Laos (July 18, 1977 – July 18, 2022).
The agenda of the visit includes meetings with the General Secretary of the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party Thongloun Sisoulith, President of the National Assembly Saysomphone Phomvihane, and Prime Minister Phankham Viphavanh.
Hanoi’s Secretary of the Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung would also meet his Vientiane counterpart Anouphap Tounalom, to discuss a memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the two cities for the 2022-2025 period and which would serve as the basis for bilateral cooperation in the coming time.
- First heatwave to hit northern Vietnam this week
- Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
- Hanoi's volunteers run in response to Earth Hour 2023
- Hanoi to hold scientific conference on mobilizing cultural resources for development
- Hanoi target urbanization rate of 75% by 2030
- Hanoi's second metro line delayed again