Nguyen Ngoc Tuan was elected the new chairman of Hanoi People’s Council for the 2021-26 term.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Council Nguyen Ngoc Tuan. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
Nguyen Ngoc Tuan, 54, has been elected chairperson of the Hanoi People’s Council at a meeting today [December 9] with the endorsement of 92.93% of delegates, replacing Nguyen Thi Bich Ngoc who has reached the retirement age.
Born in the northern province of Hai Duong, Mr. Tuan, who is a deputy chief of the Hanoi Party Committee for the 2020-25 term, specialized in civil engineering and economics.
He was chairman of Hanoi Housing Development and Investment Corporation (Handico) between 2008 and 2014.
He started his political career in 2010. He became a member of the People’s Council in May 2011. Between April 2014 and March 2016, he held the post of deputy chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee.
In April 2016, he was elected permanent deputy chairman of the Hanoi People’s Council, which represents the power of voters in the city.
- Cultural heritage to propel Hanoi’s future development
- Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
- Hanoi's taxi companies seek permission to operate electric cars
- Hanoi targets 100% disbursement of public investment plan in 2023
- Hanoi plans to restore local relics with US$593.6 million
- Innovation-centered approach boosts Hanoi's performance in socio-economic growth