Nguyen Hung, vice head of the Super Market Supervision Department under the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC), has been arrested for deliberately disclosing state secrets.
|A senior official at the SSC has been arrested.|
Chief of the Ministry of Public Security’s Office, Major General To An Xo, revealed the apprehension on April 29, saying Hung, 55, was put into temporary detention and subject to prosecution.
The arrest was part of the authorities’ ongoing investigation on a case of disclosing work secrets in several provinces and cities, Xo said, providing no information on the detailed accusation of each perpetrator.
In the past month, Vietnam’s authorities have prosecuted two cases involving stock market manipulation, including the arrest of FLC Chairman Trinh Van Quyet and others on March 29, as well as a similar move against General Director of Tri Viet Securities Company Do Duc Nam, and Chairman of Louis Holdings Do Thanh Nhan.
Nhan was accused of colluding with Nam in “using multiple securities accounts to manipulate stock prices of Louis Capital (TGG), Louis Land (BII), and others for illegal gains of millions of dollars,” stated the authorities.
- Vietnam’s exports – in search for the magic growth catalyst
- Taiwanese firm eyes Hanoi as a key investment destination
- Vietnam wants to restore international travel with China: PM Chinh
- Central Retail may inject US$1.45 billion to expand Vietnamese operations
- Vietnamese organic farm producers seek opportunities at Biofach 2023
- Eurocham Whitebook 2023 highlights green economy and sustainable development