According to Tran Thi Thuy Lan, Deputy Head of the Management Board of Hoan Kiem Lake and Old Quarter, Hanoi's authorities will hold a series of cultural events, including fashion shows, traditional music performances, talks and exhibitions at Hanoi’s Old Quarter area from November 18 to 30.
|An art space of the "Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2022" program at Center for Culture and Art No.22 Hang Buom Street, Hoan Kiem District. Photo: Nguyet Minh|
The series of cultural events aim to preserve and promote the great values of Vietnamese heritage among the community on the occasion of Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day, which will fall on November 23.
“The Old Quarter has always been associated with the formation and development of Thang Long - Hanoi, where numerous valuable tangible and intangible cultural heritages have been preserved. Its craft guilds, streets, and villages have partly contributed to the prosperity of the thousand-year-old capital of Vietnam,” she stated.
“Through the program, folk artists, artisans, contemporary designers, and painters wish to join hands to preserve, promote and bolster the value of the heritages of Thang Long-Hanoi that has been passed down from generation to generation,” she added.
The program entitled “Multipaths of Silk” will feature fashion shows and displays showcasing the talents of local designers through sophisticated fashion items created from mulberry silk and brocade.
|An ao dai design by Hanoian designer Thuy Trinh. Photo: Thuy Trinh Culture|
Specifically, the public will have the opportunity to admire a fashion collection with traditional and contemporary five-body ao dai for men designed by Nam Tuyen from Ho Chi Minh City; the autumn-winter 2022 "Reminiscence" collection with silk and brocade designs by Hanoi designer Trinh Thuy, among others.
The cultural event will also feature various activities, including traditional and contemporary folk music performances, silk weaving demonstrations, tea ceremonies, calligraphy performances, and themed installation of Vietnamese herbs and medicines.
The program of the event is as follows:
- * At Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Centre, No. 50 Dao Duy Tu Street, Hoan Kiem District:
- The “Multi Paths of Silk” Program to showcase applied fashion designs and silk artwork runs from November 18 to December 31.
- Seminar “Vietnamese Silk Weaving and Sustainable Development” will take place at 8.30 A.M on November 19
- Traditional music performance entitled “The Fairy of Dragon Citadel” to be held at 8 P.M on November 19
- * At the Heritage House, No.87 Ma May Street, Hoan Kiem District:
- - Space for tea ceremony and calligraphy-themed “Miracle meet of Calligraphy and Tea”, from 8 A.M to 10 P.M on November 19 and 20.
- * At Kim Ngan Communal House, No.42 Hang Bac Street, Hoan Kiem District:
- Vietnamese Medicinal Herbs Exhibition, from 18 to 30 November
- *At the Center for Culture and Art No.22 Hang Buom Street, Hoan Kiem District:
- Art spaces of “Hanoi Creative Design Festival 2022” program with art installation “Fairy Skites”; the artifact show “Memories of 22 Hang Buom”, the lantern installation “Past and Present Meeting” and the art installation “Five Elements”, the 3D Game installation space “Air Skylen” will last until November 30.
- Seminar “From Cultural Heritage to Art Designs”, from 2.30 to 5 P.M on November 18.
- In-depth dialogue on authors and works by artists Nguyen The Son and Tran Hau Yen The about the “Fairy and Dragon” exhibition, from 9 to 11.30 A.M on November 18 and from 2 to 5 P.M on November 19.
- Music concert “Vietnamese Traditional and Contemporary Heritages” at 7.30 P.M on November 23
- * At the Ho Guom Cultural Information Center, No.2 Le Thai To Street, Hoan Kiem District:
- Exhibition of Cyanotype photography “Ta Thanh Thien” (Writing on the Blue Sky) by artist Nguyen Kim Long which last until November 18
- * At the out-door space opposites to King Le Temple, Hoan Kiem Lake:
- Heritage Photo Exhibition “Vietnam - My Homeland,” runs until November 30.