At a meeting with Association of Vietnamese Investors in Cambodia (AVIC) representatives in Hanoi on December 27, Hun Sen acknowledged considerable contributions by Vietnamese investors, especially AVIC, to Cambodia’s development.
Since its inception in 2009, AVIC has helped promote investment and trade between Vietnam and Cambodia. It has laid down investment guidelines for Vietnamese businesses to carry out projects in Cambodia
AVIC has also taken part in community-based charity activities in Cambodia, focusing on education, health care, and the poor, at a total cost of US$35 million.
In 2013 alone, AVIC has earmarked US$5 million for social welfare programmes in the country.
PM Hun Sen expressed his hope Vietnamese businesses intensify investment in Cambodia and share Vietnam’s development experience.
The same day, he met with 500 former Vietnamese experts and volunteer soldiers who joined international missions to help Cambodia escape the genocidal Khmer Rouge regime in the 1970s.
- $8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
- FDI to Vietnam’s real estate rises by over 70% in 2022
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
- Hanoi lures nearly $1.7 billion in foreign investment in 2022
- European Investment Bank will provide Vietnam climate finance
- Vietnam stands as credible partner for foreign investors