Hanoi has been promoting investment in the construction of urban development projects, as well as working out solutions to complete the satellite urban planning projects, Kinh te & Do thi reported.
According to Director of the Hanoi Department of Construction Vo Nguyen Phong, the expansion of Hanoi’s administrative boundaries has created many strengths, potential and favorable conditions to build modern urban space with high-quality human resources.
Planning design of Hoa Lac urban area. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
“In addition to the potential and advantages, along with achieving the highest urbanization rate in the country, Hanoi is facing many great challenges and needs appropriate solutions to thorny issues, including traffic congestion, mass transit network development, urban technical infrastructure construction, water and air pollution solutions, among others," said Mr. Vo Nguyen Phong.
He added that in order to overcome challenges and adopt solutions to ensure Hanoi’s sustainable development, his department has proposed a number of measures for effective urbanizationand management, specifically:
- Continuing to complete the overall plans, satellite urban development projects, urbanization program and old apartment building renovation.
- Promoting investment in urban development projects and framework infrastructure; connecting infrastructure between Hanoi’s downtown and satellite urban areas and speeding up urbanization in some outskirts areas.
- Exploiting and maximizing potential and resources; improving investment efficiency, building basic infrastructure with public funding; formulating preferential mechanisms to encourage investment in building technical and social infrastructure.
- Promoting administrative reforms; strengthening accountability of the Party committees and local authorities.
- Encouraging the application of high technologies in managing urban development; raising people’s awareness in urban construction, management and development.